Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Set design... kinda....





The set will be fairly simple in detail and, I hope, in construction.
The Inn will consist of a large flat with a door and a window and a fireplace, along with tables and chair.
Contrary to my first interpretation, I decided to not have a back flat.
To change the set, I'm going to have the actors move down stage so they are standing in front of the curtain when it closes.
If all goes well, the Inn set pieces go offstage, and the back curtains are opened to reveal the back railing of the ship, which will be higher than that on the front of the ship, which I want to be on the very front of the stage, but it'll probably need to be behind the curtain, which is do-able.
Then the curtain opens, and there is a mast in the middle of the stage.
The trapdoor is opened so, when the time comes, the "pirates" will be "loading up the ship" by taking boxes onto the ship and down below.
It's going to be cool.
I'm debating on a platform SR to signify where the helm would be...
I dunno...
Set change for the Island/stockade scenes will be during intermission.
That'll consist of pushing everything back behind the back curtain and pulling on trees/brush and the stockade AKA a large flat of some sort.
I've decided to utilize the staircases in the front of the stage.
We have three and, by jove, I'm going to use them.

If all goes well, the scene changes will flow nicely and carry out well throughout the show.

Needless to say, I will need a surefooted set crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment