Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Further info about auditions

We are threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee days away.
How fabulous is that?
I am so pumped about it all.
I've received so many emails from parents about the play, and folks have approached me everywhere.
It's going to be so fantastic.
I just got an email from a new parent and she was full of questions, which I love.
Actually, I loved them so much I wanted to post them here for anyone else who may have questions about the auditions....

"He is 11 - are there places for someone his age?"
-I am not casting on age so much as ability.
The majority of the characters are adults, so your son is fine.

"Do we need to make an appointment for the audition? Do we just show up and do we come on both days? Do we show up early,is it a first come first audition type of thing? Are there many that show up? We are picturing an "American Idol" kind of thing."
-You do not need to make an appointment.
Just come at 2:30/7:30 and you'll fill out an audition sheet and hand it back to either myself or my assistant director.
Then, everyone will be seated in the auditorium and I'll be calling those auditioning up onto the stage in groups of 4 or 5.
Everyone will get a turn to state their name, age, school and then their monologue.
After everyone has had a turn, we will do cold reading, which is reading scenes from the script.
We are expecting a good crowd of folks to show up, but this is a good thing.
Oh, if you want to come to both days, that would be fantastic.
I actually love to have folks from the first day come back to the second just so I can see everyone together, and get a feel for how they would work with each other.
If you can't, though, that is not a problem.

"Also, is there any chance for parents to just help?"
-Ah.
Those words are music to my ears....My biggest philosophy when it comes to childresn's theatre is if the child is involved, mom and dad are involved.
This is a family/community theatre, and I totally encourage that theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment