Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week One, Nights Two and Four, Part Two


Jarrod (Oberon), Katie (Puck), Gwenn (Titania), Jessica (Quince), Sean (Bottom), Tiffany (Snout), Casey (Starveling), and Richard (Flute) standing in their spots for Summer Nights.

 Today was a blast. From 10 am to around 12 pm, we blocked the WORKERS scenes (which are hilarious). Then, we (mostly Junia) taught EVERYONE the first song of our show, Summer Nights. I posted a few videos of today's events on my youtube channel if anyone would be interested to see:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rtpgurl .



     Faith (Hyppolyta) and Jake (Theseus) in their positions for the song.

Today also brought about a major epiphany for Junia and myself. One of my ever helpful moms, Sharon, had offered to help with the costuming for our show, so, during our controlled chaos today, she looked through the slew of costuming paraphernalia. When she came to me after rehearsal, she asked what exactly I wanted for costumes, besides the obvious Fairy fare. My first response was the only one I've really contemplated, and the only suggested idea in the costuming notes: TOGAS. Of course that sounds slightly absurd and it doesn't paint the greatest picture, dressing a bunch of kids in sheets. So, after some discussion, I had my Epiphany. I realized what costumes we needed and I was uber excited since we already had the costumes we need. WOOT! Not only are our kids going to be uber fantastic actors and singers, but they are going to be uber spiffy in their costumes. We've got a great show ahead of us, guys. I am proud of everyone and I can't wait to see what you guys can do with your parts.
:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment