Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Set Painting and Week Five, Night One

I am so excited about this set. I painted the trees on Thursday, and started the background pink. Then, Friday evening, I and two wonderful cast members, Jessica and Tiffany, painted the rest of the set. I was so happy to have help with the very laborious task. I started painting, not really sure where the muse would take me. But it let me to this end result. It represents the transition from daylight to nighttime and night to dawn. It also represents the clashing feud betwixt Oberon and Titania. Plus, it's cool. :o)

We will not have rehearsal tomorrow as my family is celebrating my mother's birthday, which was yesterday. Everyone was working or busy. Plus, it's probably the last family get-together we'll get to spend with my grandfather, who is fading with pancreatic cancer. Bummer, I know.
However, it pleases me to know that my actors are actually really bummed that there isn't rehearsal tomorrow and they have to wait til Tuesday. They are excited to be in this show! WOOT! I couldn't ask for anything more.  I love this show more and more each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment