Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Monday, February 15, 2010

TECH WEEK, Day One

Mischievous Katie (Puck) in her freshly applied make-up I did. 
Ah, and Tech Week has begun. I cannot believe we're here. Time flies so fast. I have finally reached that moment where all of the things that needed to be done are either almost there or completed. I have very little to freak out about, thus my sanity is restored.
Yesterday we met at the theatre around 2:00 pm and didn't get out until 9:30 pm, for some of us 10:30 pm. In that time, the cast donned their costumes and make up and we ran through the show twice, breaking for dinner and minor adjustments to the acting, songs, lights, sound, etc. I am so proud of this cast as they have really stepped it up and produced such wonderful characters. This week is going to be a blast.

Gwenn (Titania) was so patient as I splashed glitter aaaaalll over her face. LOL

  Mackenzie (Mustardseed) and her mother Mary did her hair, and I figured I would match the make-up to its wild style. The resulting look is really cool onstage. 

 Tate (Cobweb) asked us during the first read through if Cobweb was gothic, voicing that he should be if not. Junia decided to take his idea and incorporate into his make-up, matching the costume we found for him. The sunglasses were Junia's device for keeping hair out of the way.

I liked what Junia did with a few of the Fairies, Including Miss Allyson (Moth). She took my idea for Puck's make-up, sparkle and swirl, and used it in the various colors to match the individual costumes. The kids all came with their hair done up in a myriad of ways. I really liked seeing the variety.






Little Miss Tia is so adorable in real life, but this photo is beyond precious. She is one of the best little fairies.
 
When not doing make-up or dressing, I had the kids group up and run lines. Here we have Connor (Lysander), Jake (Theseus), Tabitha (Helena), Faith (Hippolyta), Sam (Hermia), Nathan (Demetrius), and Robert (Egeus.) 



Whatever it was, something funny struck Allyson (Moth) and Carley (Peaseblossom) as they went over lines. lol
 Rachel's make-up was another variation of Junia's idea. Very sparkly onstage. 
 I think this photo is gorgeous. Faith (Hippolyta) has this sweet and innocent beauty that radiates and makes my heart smile. Junia did well on her make-up. 
  
 Katie (Puck) and Jarrod (Oberon) work well together on our stage. And look at the set! It has certainly come a long  way!

No comments:

Post a Comment