Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Week Three: Night one....

Tonight went well, except for the fact that the theatre was FREEEEEEEZING.
All of the poor actors were in their coats, shivering.
We worked on the first half of the second act, and blocked it out.
We still have to work on the gun fighting and attack scenes and whatnot, but it's getting there.
At one point, I was trying to position poor Flynn, and I pulled on his feet in such a way that he tumbled backwards.
It was hilarious and everyone laughed, but I kept stuttering apologies between my laughter.
(Sorry Flynn.)
Brandon continues to amaze me as Long John Silver, being able to pin his poor leg up in such a way that we have abandoned my first idea for changing it to a "wooden leg."
I just pray he can walk by the time the show is over.
lol
As far as I can tell, everyone is really enjoying the chance to be a pirate.
James and I are having a blast.

I sent everyone an email tonight regarding this Saturday, AKA SET BUILDING SATURDAY!!
Instead of dining on pizza and pop, I opted for a pot luck setup.
Someone may still decide to bring a pizza to share with all, which is cool.
I just personally think each family bringing stuff for everyone will make for a better time.
Plus, better food choices lead to a more productive and less lethargic construction crew.
I figured we will all get there between 11:30 and 12, and start working.
Break around 3 for food, then start back up til we have nothing more to do.
At that point, James and I are going to paint the stage once everyone has cleared the stage and left.

Ah....
It's all starting to come together......
A month from now, we will be on day two of tech week....

No comments:

Post a Comment