Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Day one....

I really don't like blocking.
I don't think anyone does.
It's tedious.
BUT, everyone was a trooper.
I've never really paid attention the scheduling ways of others, so I'm not quite sure what the norm really is...
For me, I memorize by repetition.
When memorizing lines, I study one part, we'll title A.
I study it til I've memorized it, then I move to part B.
Once I've memorized B, I go back and go over A and B together, then move onto part C.
Then I do A, B, and C...
So continues the pattern.
That's how I've scheduled things.
We did pages 1-13 tonight.
We're going to go over 1-13 again tomorrow, then slap on 13-29.
Then Wednesday we're going to fine tune 1-29.
Over and over and over again.
Hopefully it won't annoy too many folks...
That's just how I role...
:o)

Everyone received their scripts tonight.
EVERYONE will notice that some folks are gettting an actual script and others are getting partial scripts.
The scripts were $20 a pop.
Multiply that by 32 cast members...
Yeah, that = NO more money in Tahrea's budget for ANYTHING else...
ugh.
We only got 11 actual scripts...
SO, I am making copies for those folks who aren't in the entire show.
Ben Gunn is only through the second half of the show.
Mrs. Hawkins is only in the first 29 pages.
Bill dies on page 16.
So, that's what I copied for them.
Please don't be offended or hurt by this.
It's not a matter of importance.
It's conservation of paper and ink costs in a crappy economy.
:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment