Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Set building Saturday and Week four: Night one


Set Building Saturday was a smash.
Everyone really came together and worked together to make this show happen in a big way.
The dads who showed up were above and beyond with the set.
Some of the moms went up and helped figure out the crazy costume mess in the green room.
Some were painting and helping with parts of the set.
A few were brave enough to help clean the restrooms.
Yikes.
Cast members were EVERYWHERE, helping with every kind of odd job.
It was a beautiful thing.
Once everyone left around 5:30, James and I started on painting the stage.
We finished the stage floor around 8- something and called a quits.
I popped in Sunday Evening and painted parts of the front of the stage myself, and touched up on a couple of spots we missed the previous night.
Last night, I started painting parts of the set.
I was elated to see a couple dads come back to finish working on the set during practice.
A-Mazing!

Rehearsal-wise, last night, we went over Act II.
I say "we" even though I missed most of it because of the board meeting.
Argh.
I apologize for not being in a stellar mood last night.
It'll be better tonight, I promise, when we go over Act I.

No comments:

Post a Comment