Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week Two

The cast has really pleased me this week. They are memorizing/ have memorized their lines like nobody's business and they are really adhering to their blocking. I am so excited for this show.

I worked on our "cave" Thursday morning-afternoon, the end result being what you see in this photo.... Obviously it doesn't really look like a cave... YET. I have ideas and plans. :o)
Actually, this week I feel that my brain may explode. Driving home last night I had a panic attack when I realized we open on the 30th, which is only a few weeks away. The tiny slice of brain matter that controls my logic tells me that I panic with every show and that I have plenty of time to get things accomplished. I'll still panic up 'til the 30th. SO, this week I need to figure out costuming needs, props, finish the "cave" build rolling flats to represent the "temple," set my lighting scheme, and figure out any special effects I want to use. I also need to find some sound cues. I think it is time to delegate...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment