Hydee-ho!

This is the blog site for the Roundtown Player's children's production.
Read, enjoy, and comment!

Monday, November 30, 2009

5 days away!

I met with our wonderful pianist, Miss Yvonne, and went over the music for a couple of hours. We have some great ideas and slight changes to the music and script. It's going to rock. I'm also working on finding additional musicians to add a little flair to some of the songs. Thus far, I've got a banjo (Oh, yeah!) and a bass player (Upright and electric). This could be epic.
I had to laugh because I realized most of the production takes place in a Forest. A woodes area.... with.... trees... That's right folks! I'm pulling out the trees we all know and love! This time, I'll add more flowers and bushes to give it a mystical feel. It'll be great.

This entire week will consist of working on a tenative schedule, among other things. It'll be a bit hazy because Yvonne works evenings mostly and doesn't know her schedule too far in advance, and we have to have rehearsals with her since she is our pianist. Go figure. It'll all work out though. It always does.

I hope everyone gets a chance to get to the library to look over the script and get a feel for the story. Either that, or get a synopsis of Midsummer Night's Dream. That will help familiarize you with the storyline and the characters.

We're 5 days away!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Golly. If you need foliage, just ask. We have scads as RSC!

    ReplyDelete